1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Az: Arizona
    Az bro 1: Colorado
    Az bro 2: Houston
    Simon: Maryland
    Meat: N.C. State, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest and Louisville
    Hank: Nevada, CMU
    NUFan78: Washington State, Fresno State and San Diego State
    Jake: Baylor
    Hustle: UCLA
    Storm:
    Madhavok: Syracuse, Buffalo, Kentucky
    JoJo:

2. Hank_Scorpio

One final question: we want to stay in our own leagues, not make one conference for all of us?

3. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I vote to stay in the conferences that the schools are in. Being in one conference would be too hectic.

Version 1.0 of the rerated rosters is out: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/426145-official-update-360-community-rosters-check-page-1-all-update-info-please.html. Fairdale Kings' rosters (which can be used in online play now) are also up.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If we all stay in one conference there will be no user national championship games and someone will have to go 3-9. Also it would take forever to get through a season, so I vote to keep doing it the way we have been.

Have I mentioned that I love this game? So much better than '10.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, I'm in favor of staying in original conferences as well. Just threw it out there for discussion sake.

And since no one has taken a WAC team, I might have a chance at a conference title with Nevada (or CMU, if I take them). I'm leaning heavily toward Nevada. I like that QB and I believe he's only a sophomore, I believe.

6. JakeandElwood

Ooh, nice. Get ready to run that pistol!

7. JoJo

JoJo Member

My gamertag is Brentwood23 and I'll take Purdue.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Yea now I just got to figure out HOW to do that. :D

I don't know how great I've been at option-type offenses (recalling fun times with the option pick from NCAA 10). Although I guess the pistol really isn't an option.

I toyed with the idea of taking Arizona State, but couldn't when I saw they were a B rating.

9. JakeandElwood

Yeah, Mizzou has the pistol and it's not an option thing so you don't have to worry about that.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

They do? I must be using the wrong playbook.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Agreed re: improvements to the game. Everything just feels much more realistic, and the movement is much more natural.

One thing I don't like: There's no indication when someone gets injured. In my one-man online dynasty, I had to pause the game to go and find out that Evan Royster is out for 12 weeks with a broken collarbone. :mad:

Not that I'm pissed off about that or anything.

12. Hank_Scorpio

I noticed that too, Hustle.

I did get an Erin Andrews injury update once, and I noticed there was a little message on the bottom of the screen for another one, but for the most part, there is no notification, which sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted