1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, go ahead and take Baylor, Jake. I'll go with Nevada (with a slight possibility to Central Michigan).

It won't matter anyway since I'll suck at the game,

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm having my way right now as the 'Cuse against WVU. However, for the first year or two I have pretty much nothing in the skill positions. QB isn't very mobile and my WR's aren't the greatest.

3. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Sweet, so those with the game so far:

Me, both my bros, Meat, Jake, Hank, Mad, Simon, Fresno? Huss and Storm, you guys picked it up, yet? (Not trying to rush you if you haven't, just trying to get a count.)

And we've still got one spot in the league up for grabs, no?

4. Madhavok

This game is leaps and bounds ahead of '10. Such a different feel and so damn good. And here I thought '10 was quite the jump from '09. Cripes - this is just so damn smooth.

I played around with Louisville last night too. Not bad, but not great. Kentucky might be the team I go with if Meat doesn't take the Wildcats. Will still mess around with a few teams today.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

This year's version seems like the biggest upgrade (not counting years when it jumped to new platforms). Very fluid, very engaging. Definitely glad I bought it. Hope I don't blow as hard as I do in 10.

6. RecentAZgrad

This.

I was thinking about this exact thing last night, how far the game has come since '09. Damn. I thought at first I would hate the new recruiting engine, too, but I actually like it. Much more realistic. And they got rid of those damn smiling/angry footballs.

The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes there seems to be a bit of lag after the snap, especially during online play. Anyone else run into that?

The thing with '10 is that it was really quirky, and you could exploit a lot of those quirks, or those quirks could exploit you. '11 does seem to have dealt with that stuff, but playing defense seems a little bit tougher. At least so far...

7. Madhavok

'11 feels more like Madden in the way of how smooth the gameplay is. But Madden certainly has its characteristics that set it apart from NCAA. RBs with a speed of 90 actually feel fast instead of dog-ass slow like they were in '09-'10.

Still have to get the feel of the changes and such that's for sure. Not a big fan of the play showing up for a few seconds while I'm calling an audible or switching hot routes.

8. nufan_78

nufan_78 New Member

Hey fellas..."Fresno" here. Finally registered for the SJ site. I'll be using my XBox 360 handle on here: nufan_78. Hoping to get the game soon ... not sure exactly when just yet.

9. RecentAZgrad

Sweet, glad to have you on here Fresno.

10. JoJo

JoJo Member

Is there still a spot open in a league for the 360? I'd be interested in joining.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I will definitely be taking Baylor now. I'm starting to get a feel for the offense and there's definitely some potential there.

As for the game itself ... it's awesome. It's such a huge upgrade over '10 that I was blown away. The gameplay is smoother, and as I've mentioned before, being able to run a real no-huddle offense is a great add. Also, being able to switch defenders by pointing with the left stick is a small but great upgrade. I think we should get this thing started as soon as everybody who's in gets the game.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yes, one spot left. Yours if you want it.

We're using B-minus teams and below. I'll post an updated list of teams.

Post your gamertag. Simon, I also need your gamertag,

Draft saved Draft deleted