1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Rutgers is a B.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

What's Syracuse's rating? If anything, I'll just stick with Kentucky. I'd like CU if AZ's brother doesn't take the Buffs. Might mess around with Wake to see how shitty the team is.

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

Couple of quick thoughts on the game so far after playing three games(1 online):

1. The intro with Nessler's voice over gave me chills. It's really well done.

2. I was playing online and the guy just controlled his receiver to run into open space. Is that legit? I hate playing most sports games online because everyone just cheeses and finds holes in the game but I was hoping to find this game different.

3. This game is pretty legit but I'm sure there are a billion bugs because it's an EA game.

Anyone else notice that it is nearly impossible to throw against man defense? They just copy your route exactly and jump it. I've been averaging 3-to-4 picks a game.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I bought it from Target but didn't get the second game because none of the others interested me (Tiger Woods 11 doesn't sound like much of an upgrade from 10, I'm waiting for FIFA 11 and the World Cup game should be discounted soon enough, I'm not a big skating game fan and none of the other games interested me in the least -- too bad EA didn't do Red Dawn Redemption).

Did not realize K-Mart had that coupon, because I would have bought it there otherwise. D'oh.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I would've never guessed there'd be so much interest in UCLA... I can abandon them, but only if Simon, Jake etc. stage a PPV Battle Royale for the rights to the Bruins. (And, of course, only if I get the telecast for free.)

And AZ, I hear Texas is a fertile recruiting ground. SoCal is nothing but wildfires and fake boobs. No players here.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Sonofabitch

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

That's interesting, I was thinking about hitting L.A. hard. You won't be recruiting there, right?

8. Madhavok

I'll probably pick it up today and test the waters with Buffalo and Syracuse. I probably won't pick either one of those teams - leaning towards Syracuse since it's in a BCS conference. Will mess around with Wake and Louisville as well.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Y'all stay away from my state of Texas. Dem's my recruits. Yeeehaaaw!

Oh and Mad, Syracuse is a C-plus.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Los Alamos? Nope. All yours.

11. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Ha, nice.

Sounds like rosters will be ready tonight, or early tomorrow. but those are just the named rosters, not the re-rated rosters (which we use for the dynasty). The rated ones will probably take a bit longer.

12. Madhavok

I'm leaning towards Syracuse or Kentucky for the time being - unless someone else wanted the Wildcats. Wish I would have noticed AZ going for Arizona instead of CU sooner.

Draft saved Draft deleted