1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Should I play this guy, or should I play this guy" fantasy thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Need help.....

Should I start Andre Johnson against the stout Eagles.... or Braylon Edwards against the porous Saints?

2. Msaint

Msaint Member

andre. HOU will have to throw a lot to play catch-up, andre's the clear #1 option, and until you see what kind of game shape edwards' knee is in, i'd wait on him.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm gonna go that way.

Thanks for the response.

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

no worries. FF advice is the one thing i feel professionally qualified to offer on this board.;)

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Random thought ... Owners somewhat giggled when I broke the seal on defenses and kickers in our draft (not NIAFL, but my work money league). I think it was like the eighth or ninth round. I took the first defense (Bears) and first kicker (Vinatieri). Well, they were responsible for 45 of my 121 points (and I still have Tomlinson going tomorrow). My thought was that the best defense in the NFL was worth a decently high pick, moreso than a No. 3 receiver or running back.

So far, so good.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Glad I started T.J. Who'syourmama today. But hey, I had to have my lineup before Thursday's game with no changes after that kickoff, so there wasn't much I could do. Especially with me benching Steve Smith even before that.

Draft saved Draft deleted