1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Should I play this guy, or should I play this guy" fantasy thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I've got Joey Galloway and Terry Glenn as my top two receivers, but my third is in limbo.

I've been hearing great things about New Orleans' Marques Colston, who looks to be the No. 2 WR and can also be a tight end in Yahoo leagues. I also have a more proven Jerry Porter who appears to be Oakland's No. 4.

Is Colston the obvious answer? Thanks guys, love your show.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've been keeping an eye on Colston because he's a home boy. He hasn't been a particularly big producer in exhibition games. You may want to wait for him to get his feet wet.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

What about this Reggie Bush quandry -- Bush or Wali Lundy? (My other backs are Cedric Benson, DeAngelo Williams and Kevan Barlow, in case anyone wants to know.)

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

tempting to go for the marquee manning matchup, but warner will light up the niners. he, fitz and boldin will have an absolute field day.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

in your shoes, i'd go bush. lundy is playing a stiff eagles D, and will lose some carries to morency and possibly goal line work to dayne. sounds like kubiak is taking after his old mentor skeletor and setting up a horrific, fantasy-unfriendly RBBC. on the flip side, you know that, while deuce will be the workhorse and get the goal line carries, bush can turn his touches into gold, and could see some nice reception #s. they'll use him enough for him to be effective for you, i think.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ok, I got another Eli manning quandry.

Eli vs. the Colts or Vick vs. the Panthers.

My gut's telling me Eli because it's the safer choice and the easier defense. But I'd hate to bench Vick if he breaks out a big game.

7. Msaint

Msaint Member

warner in the 2nd round? wow, man, that's wayyyyy early for a guy who might not make it past week 6. hope you got leinart later. but when kurt's in there, he'll be money. had the most 300yd passing games in the league last year, and only played 10 games.

8. Msaint

Msaint Member

i'd go eli. vick is an inconsistent, at best, fantasy qb (and real qb, for that matter). the tempting rushing TDs/yards are there, but he could also put up a 105 yd, 2 INT game, esp. against that panther d on the road. go with eli trying to keep up with big bro in the national sunday night spotlight.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Bush too. Helps that my locked-in starter opposite him is Shaun Alexander, so I can take a few more risks with my No. 2 guy.

10. Msaint

Msaint Member

westbrook. play him while he's healthy, especially against the texans. and kennison. shocking fact about kennison i read recently: he's tied for the most 100-yard rec. games over the past two years, or something crazy like that. and i'd go horn vs. CLE. sit wilford until you see what his touches are like with mjones, reggie wiliams, etc.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Kennison or Terry Glenn?

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Kennison. I think Glenn will have a good day, but I have a sneaking suspicion TO's gonna steal the show with a huge game in his Dallas debut.

Draft saved Draft deleted