1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Should I play this guy, or should I play this guy" fantasy thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Reluctantly, I would say Frank Gore. I want to wait a week or two on Reggie.

Given Bush's trackrecord over Gore in Ohio, though, who the fuck knows.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'd say Gore, for sure. At least you know he'll be his team's featured back.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Thanks guys.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think I've made my decision on this, but I want to hear what you all think.

Kurt Warner against the 49ers ... or Eli Manning against big brother?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness I retired the Devastators ... no more decisions.

But since you asked, Shot, it's Warner and it's not even close. Cards are pass-happy, Niners still stink and while the Colts aren't the greatest defense alive, they're more likely to force Eli into bad decisions than SF will with Warner.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The hot-linked ad here invites you to shopzilla.com, where you can shop for wide receivers. Bargain prices! Smart deals! Save on wide receivers!

Shottie, I'd go with Warner. Well, I am at least (of course my backups are actually backups, so...).

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I am kinda hoping Warner keeps the keys to the car for a while with those receivers...

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should start Heath Miller.

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

is peyton manning a must-start in my afc-only league? i'll hang up and listen. thanks.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Definitely Warner. I used my second-round pick on him, so he better perform or I'll drive to Arizona and shove a cactus up his ass.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Do you play in a 60-team league or something?

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Chester Taylor(against Redskins) or Brian Westbrook(against the Texans/ Andy Reid playcalling)

Pick two:Eddie Kennison(against Bengals),Ernest Wilford(against Cowboys), or Joe Horn(against Browns)

Draft saved Draft deleted