1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running shooting thread 2022

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Feb 5, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you make a sub-par product like coffee or pillows or what not, I can understand why you would market to the MAGA people - who seem incapable of making wise choices when it comes to what they do with their money and who they support.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Trader Joe's makes very good coffee at a reasonable price.

When I want to go the snob route, I dig some of Starbucks' stuff (yeah, I said it!) and I've gotten into Peets lately. Jittery Joe's is very good, too.

I've had to cut back from a pot (or more) a day to two cups and if someone tells me to cut back more than that, go ahead and pull the plug.

Also, Grounds and Hounds is good and donates to dog rescue groups.

Much more fun than talking about shootings.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

One of the best things I bought was a fill-your-own K Cup. I grind my own beans, usually just what fits into a smallish coffee grinder, and keep the leftovers in little Tupperware. I can’t do cheap coffee anymore unless I’m being polite. I just can’t do Foldgers anymore.

4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They can’t be different from most police departments in towns across Texas.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Replaced with whom? It's not like the applicant pool -- we're talking about Texas -- will be intelligent, empathetic and motivated by desires to serve the public.

7. DanOregon

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Abe's dead -- cause of death cited as "blood loss". By all accounts, the weapon was a DIY job right down to the black powder. Japanese right-wingers are out in force, trying to blame this on Koreans and/or find a way that the shooter (a former Self Defense Force member) isn't a "real Japanese". Sunday's election will still go ahead, of course.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That looks like two pieces of pipe, muzzle loading, mounted on a board, and the whole shebang wrapped with electrical or duct tape. Black powder as noted above.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. DanOregon

There is a Reggie White quote that comes to mind....

Batman and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  11. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

At least he was masking up so everyone would be safe!

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Massive security failure for someone to get that close to the primary with that thing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted