1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Shooting Thread 2021

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 18, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Another great day for the NRA.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There’s a video circulating purportedly showing the inside of a classroom in Oxford. The shooter tried to get them to unlock the door by claiming he was a cop. Luckily, the kids didn’t fall for it and eventually fled out a window.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I can't confirm but have heard rumors that attendanceat the school today was way down because many students expected the shooter to make good on whatever promises he made during the Thanksgiving break, and a large number of kids ran to a nearby Meijer as soon as they heard gunfire. That's perhaps why there were so few victims.

I sure hope the police weren't forewarned and somehow downplayed the danger.

We all knew at least one or two kids in high school who were "not right." At least in 1976, they weren't so likely to shoot up a school as steal bikes, break into lockers and start fights in the halls.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Too bad nobody on the other side will listen.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Murphy should've been a thousand times better. It was fine but.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"OK, well, open the door and look at my badge, bro."

LOL. ... Hey, guess what gave you away, bro?

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Times story said that the kid's parents bought him a gun four days ago, Wow. That was bit of a misread.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It seems odd that there was no adult in the room. Assuming this video is legitimate, Great job by them not opening the door and escaping, but better not to reply to the person on the other side of the door at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted