1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SEC Media Days Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Hoover's good for that.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow, based on the way our SEC brethren were drooling over the hottie at the baseball tournament I was convinced that Jessica Alba was moonlighting as a stenographer. So you're saying there are hotter women than that chick?

3. mikemccall

mikemccall Guest

One is, I think some people are asking for the mic just to chat her up.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Yes, the microphone chicks wandering about are talented. As are the bevy of SEC workers outside shuttling players and coaches to and fro. :)

rb

5. tidesports.com has good coverage of the event, but better pictures of two scribes' footwear.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Y'all be sure and update us after Sylvester Croom comes in and discusses his bowl-bound Bulldogs.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

I'm a little surprised at the golf balls, but a reporters notebook in the pack was nice. Also, there are a new brand of potato chips with caffeine, Taurine and B vitamins. Wow, are they try to turn chips into something like an energy drink?
    The day was so-so. Spurrier was funny at times. It was neat to see him take a swipe at Clemson, the way he used to take swipes at Tennessee when he was at Florida. Nutt was very boring. Tuberville got off a good line when no one was quick to put their hand up for the first question, he said. 'Spurrier must have wore you guys out. He wears everybody out." Didn't know if he meant coaching or what. Brandon Cox (Auburn QB) was very polished. He answered every question and didn't say, "you know," once, which I've heard too many times in years past. Cox and Tuberville both said having Saban taking all the media attention was good for their team, letting a team with several new starters, "fly under the radar and concentrate on footall, instead of dealing with the media." Spurrier gave by far, the best answers and most information on several subjects. He even commented when someone asked him about the NBA referee scandal. Not a bad day, but not a great first day either.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

The girl with the black thong underwear underneath nearly see-through white pants is very impressive indeed. I felt like a puppy when I saw her and wanted to follow her home. (Please don't tell my wife I just typed that.)

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

All I know is, the Golden Flake people should be PISSED.

And Day Two will definitely be higher on the drama. I hope the SEC has folks stationed at the escalators to keep the crimson-clad masses at bay.

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

I was surprised by how few people were in the lower lobby with footballs waiting to be autographed. Last year there were probably twice as many as I saw today. I expect your right about the Tide fans. I'm getting here early tomorrow to avoid that mob!

11. If 2 people in my shop hadn't up and decided to take vacation, I'd be there right now... Nuts.

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

The best part of the first day was seeing Joseph Goodman again. Haven't seen him in probably six or seven years, we used to work together. He has a new beat, but still at the Miami Herald, he's the UF beat writer now. He switched beats in time to cover the Gators run in hoops to a second straight national title.

Draft saved Draft deleted