1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SEC Baseball Tourney thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, May 22, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I won't be there, so I'll have to experience the sights, the sounds, the WONDER, through you guys.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Sigh ...

I miss the 14-hour days that are the first two days of the SECT, and having to file three gamers a day, plus a column and a notebook. And knowing that the last game probably wouldn't make it into the paper. And being out in the football press box.

Actually, that's pretty sarcastic, but those 14-hour days are filled with more sarcasm than Dr Pepper. Good times.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buffoon (and buffet) line forms behind RB....

Now, what was that free thing they gave us...

4. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

What I can't understand is how anyone can start a "running" thread on something more than 24 hours before it starts.

At minimum this seems to be a faux pas of some sort.

5. Faux your pas!

I have investigated the new press box at Regions Financial Corporation Hoover Metropolitan Stadium Field today, and it is swank. And by swank, I merely mean that it is large enough to accomodate the throngs of scribes, TV goons and assorted radio loudmouths who will populate it in the coming days.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Which one of those do YOU fall under?

Did you see the illustrious Gene Hallman whilst there? And was the Domer attached to his hip, extolling virtues of convention center space all the while?

rb

7. I am either a thong or a scribe, I am not sure which. I mean throng.

I did not encounter said gentleman. I can only look forward to the hour and minute I do.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think the fourth game should be in all references referred to as the " so-called 8 p.m. game" because there's no way in hell it starts before, say, 9 p.m.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Better yet, "...what league officials have the chutzpah to call the '8 p.m. game.'"

10. How about "alleged" 8 p.m. game?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Indeed, I suggested that to our desk tonight.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would that be demonstrably swank?

Draft saved Draft deleted