1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SB XLVI commercial, food, half-time, non-football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 5, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm writing that down. Sounds effective.

I'm running the prop pool in the office tonight, too.

A couple of the props I really like:

Number of players who will attempt a pass: +2.5 or -2.5.

Who will score more points today, the Giants or LeBron James?

Will Madonna's hair color at the start of the halftime show be blonde, or other?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The corn meal makes the flour stick to the wings a little better. The hot sauce is a basic wing sauce mixture, similar to what you'll find at Hooters, etc.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Watching the puppy bowl...methinks their fact checkers might need a calendar -- they said a 9 month old pooch likes to dress up on Halloween.

Wait, what, the puppy bowl is make believe? Really?

All kidding aside, I once pitched a Puppy Red Carpet show to an entertainment cable channel, to run in the hours before the Oscars. They passed. It's still a great idea, IMO.

4. TigerVols

I read on the internets that if you take the under on every prop bet, you'd be a big-time winner, as it's human nature for the bookies to be overly optimistic on events that they don't usually set lines for.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Any leftover corn meal can be sprinkled on the dance floor for the traditional Cajun two-step during the Super Bowl party.

6. TigerVols

I hear Mustang made some food, but I might be wrong.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You aren't wrong, my friend. Here it is: http://youtu.be/MlyeRm21KnQ

Enjoy the game everyone!

8. TigerVols

Ancient car feud comes to the Super Bowl.

http://jalopnik.com/5882408/chevy-claims-ford-begged-them-nbc-to-pull-apocalypse+themed-super-bowl-ad

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't get it. Nine months old in February would have them born in May of last year. So they would have been 5-6 months old at Halloween.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

What's the over/under on percentage of SB commercials in which people get killed? 30? Dude just got slaughtered by a cheetah.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in a CiCi's Pizza watching the game on mute with closed captioning, since this is where my son Sunday School has its "party." When Bradshaw broke off his long run, all the kids cheered ... because someone conquered the prize crane in the next room.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Clarkson did it the the right way. Unless you are pre-crack Whitney Houston, just get out there, don't fuck up the lyrics, don't over-sing the damn thing and make it about you, and get off the field. Done.

Draft saved Draft deleted