1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SB XLVI commercial, food, half-time, non-football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 5, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I make commercials for a living now, but I'm looking forward to the new crop...other than the Broderick CRV spot, I've avoided all the "leaked" previews. For personal reasons, cheering for VW to retain its spot in the USA Today Admeter rankings.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We're doing an Asian theme tonight. My friend's wife is a first-generation Chinese American and she loves to cook traditional Chinese for everyone. I'm going to try and make some egg rolls and not embarrass myself.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Picking up 10 lbs of fresh boiled crawfish from the seafood market down the street in a couple of hours. :) :) :)

4. three_bags_full

I hate you.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

This is going to be an interesting game. I just started a 12-week program at my gym and so I've been pretty good about not eating anything bad for the past couple days. Avoiding it tonight is going to be more than a little bit difficult since, by all accounts, the menu will consist of pizza, wings and other non-ideal items.

Hey, I'm sure I won't get judged for sticking to yogurt and granola bars. :(

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

We can't all live a Bo Jackson 1989 All-Star game home run from the Gulf of Mexico. The tradeoff is that once every 30 years, a 15-foot wall of water shows up at your front door ...

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I've got to manage a fucking web site today. I'll scrounge in the pantry to see if those chips in the back that have been there since God knows when are still edible.

Also, the doggy treats I bought yesterday have peanut butter coating. That could be interesting while watching Madonna.

8. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I just lit the charcoal. Gonna smoke a pork butt for a few hours, then throw some marinated chicken thighs on there. My wife is going to make pigs in blanket.

Anybody got a good wing recipe? Looking for something easy, made with staples found in most homes.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Chips, M&Ms, veggies, soft pretzels from Philly Pretzel Factory, and pizza.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Chowda in one pot, chili in the other.

Really surprised at the over/under of 1:32 for Kelly Clarkson's anthem. That's like 20 seconds less than Aguilera's last year. OTOH, maybe Clarkson actually knows the song.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Doing cheesy sausage dip in the crockpot and bringing it in for the office buffet.

Just five ingredients: Velveeta, cream cheese, sausage, Rotel and cream of mushroom soup.

12. three_bags_full

In a plastic resealable bag, mix:

1 cup flour
    1/2 cup corn meal
    Lots of salt
    Lots of cayenne
    Some paprika
    Lots of pepper

In other words, make your dry ingredients look seasoned. You should always be able to see your seasonings. Soak the wings in hot sauce prior to battering. Place the wings in the plastic baggie and shake them about.

Fry them.

In a pot, mix lots of hot sauce, some butter and garlic powder. Cook it until mixes well and then shake the wings in a plastic bowl with a top.

Eat.

Draft saved Draft deleted