1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Ryder Cup '06 thread - SPOILERS (like you couldn't figure that)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, Sep 22, 2006.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody's kid is going to be watching the "Ford Senior Players Tournament" in 25 years, let alone next year. And doesn't Gary Player have a pretty nice legacy despite never playing in the Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup? By the time Tiger is done, nobody will give two shits about his Ryder Cup record. Tiger included. It's all about PGA Tour victories and majors. And he'll break both records.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Monty has been eligible for the Hall of Fame off the European Tour ballot for the past two years, since he turned 40. He needs 65 percent to make it. He hasn't cracked 30 percent. The longer he goes without winning a major, the lower his percentage will get. And Sergio won't get in unless he wins a major. That's a fact.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://sport.independent.co.uk/golf/article1756797.ece

A very good take on the aftermatch by a British writer, which must amount to heresy over there. His point: If the Europeans won because they have more talent, why hasn't a European won a major since Paul Lawrie at the 1999 British Open?

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It'll be a blemish like Cindy Crawford's mole. If you focus on it, you'll notice it. Otherwise you see something stunning.

5. I stand defeated.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I didn't see Byron Nelson's Ryder Cup record listed in the obit I read from AP.

Draft saved Draft deleted