1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Regular Season 2010 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Sep 2, 2010.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Damn, Miami throws a pick-6. That's game.

2. amraeder

YSU picks off Penn State. Still up 7-6.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hasn't every year been a long year for Gopher Nation since 1960?

But that changes this year!

4. amraeder

Penn State has the lead back against YSU -- up 13-7.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

That's how it will be for the Gators this season (and how they won two championships): defense will bail out Meyer's spread antics and lust for the big play.

Florida's offense looks disjointed and unsure of what its doing. But really, it's always suffered from a lack of offensive identity under Meyer. There's just no magic bullet in the backfield (i.e. Tebow or Harvin) today.

6. amraeder

You'll have to keep me updated. Was just too ugly a game for me to continue watching.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How badly was Iowa's Ricky Stanzi hurt?

Heard from someone on facebook it's a bad knee injury. Then, read on rotowire that said he was up and walking around on the sideline.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fuck Boise State.

In its fucking ass.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Must not have been too bad. He was back in the game before the end of the half.

Listening to the Iowa radio broadcast you would have thought somebody shot him when he went down.

EDIT: He was not back before the half but Ferentz said he would be back after halftime.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, I just saw a highlight of it. And saw him walk off under his own power.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Early, but Sparty might have a running back.

12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. This is like watching the 7 a.m. lower-tier Big Ten matchup. Only alumni status is keeping me tuned in.

Florida still riding their defense, 3 picks led to 3 touchdowns and 13 total yards on offense. Miami-Oh! has had the ball for 20 minutes already, which is why the Gators let the RedHawks pace down the field for a half-ending FG. 21-6 UF.

It doesn't matter how good a defense Florida has (and it's not exactly amazing, either), it can't win seven games with its defense on the field for 40 minutes per game.

Draft saved Draft deleted