1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Regular Season 2010 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Sep 2, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Time for the weekly WAC report ... courtesy of the region's village idiot.

Games so far:
    Idaho 45, North Dakota 0 -- Vandals will find the going a little tougher against Nebraska next week. Even against an overmatched I-AA/FCS opponent, QB Nate Enderle got sacked four times. Of course, he also went 24-for-37 for 311 yards and two TDs.

Nevada 49, Eastern Wash. 24 -- Again, an FCS opponent, and one the Wolfpack didn't put away until the final quarter. Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick had 306 yards passing and two TDs, and rushed for two more TDs.

USC 49, Hawaii 36 -- Not a total wipeout for the Rainbow Warriors. They did outgain the Trojans, 588 yards to 524 yards, after falling behind early.

Upcoming games:
    Cincy at Fresno State, Saturday -- We'll see which team misses its star players more. My guess is the Bulldogs will really miss Ryan Mathews.

Louisiana Tech vs. Grambling State, in Shreveport, Saturday -- Not sure what to say about this one ... but I know which marching band is better!

San Jose State at Alabama, Saturday -- At least the Spartans are going to make some money with their nonconference schedule. They also play at Wisconsin and Utah this month.

Utah State at Oklahoma -- Could a team from Utah upset the Sooners in their opener for the second straight year? Uh, probably not.

Boise State vs. Virginia Tech, in Landover, Md., Monday -- Put up or shutup time for the Broncos once again. I like their chances in a shootout with Kellen Moore and company, but I think it will be a defensive struggle.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It will be very, very quiet in 3/4th of Virginia if Boise wins that game.

Go Broncs!

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

My wife and child are already in Starkville and I'm catching a connector to head there now. The new hire over on the jobs board for the Clarion-Ledger MSU beat might be covering a cakewalk this weekend, if Vegas knows anything about it. State's favored by 3 touchdowns over Memphis. SHIKES!

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Make sure you're watching ABC at 3:30. Michigan's entrance should be very emotional. Even if you hate the Wolverines.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/mealer-090210.pdf

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

^^^^^A cry for help^^^^^

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Remember when Eastern Washington announced they were putting in red turf? Well here's a picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Arizona looking pretty solid tonight. Up 40-2 on Toledo late in the fourth.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Just found Illinois/Missouri on FoxSports Ohio. Makes me very happy. Seems like the most-worth-a-damn early game today.

9. amraeder

Florida looks REALLY bad in the early going.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Penn State is losing to Youngstown St. after a quarter.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Very cool story.

12. amraeder

Miami (OH) kept a drive alive with a fake punt. Fun!

Draft saved Draft deleted