1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running random story thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Pretty straight forward .. A random (preferably) true story that happened to you.

When my wife and I were first married we went to Chapel Hill to visit a good friend of hers from college. We went to an outdoor flea market. It was real nice summer day and we were walking down the street. My wife and her friend were looking at various items. I was doing what I normally do in a public setting - watching people.
    Across the street I notice two dudes who stood out. They were way different from the flae market crowd.
    "Skinheads," I'm thinking.
    Just two of them. A skinny dude, dressed in a black wife beater t-shirt (I had no idea they came in something other than white), the long legged shorts, and the standard issue black Nazi field boots. The other guy was bigger. Not muscled so much as big - more fat than muscle, but big.
    He looked like a young version of Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, only with black hair. Same outfit as his skinny cohort, only with a white T.

These two douchebags were strutting up the street. Just by their air, you knew they looking to stand out, cause trouble.
    The skinny guy - stops in front of a kid and his parents. A preteen. No more than 15.

2. He asks the kid either what he is drinking, what flavor it is or how does it taste.
    How does it taste, I think.
    At first the kid is confused. He has no idea why these two guys (both in their late teens or very early 20s) are talking to him.
    All the sudden skinny dude reaches out and smacks the bottom of the kid's cup, spilling soda all over the kid. He laughs and says something like "How's that taste?!"
    The duo laughs, turn away and head on up the street.
    The kids is stunned. His parents, who were looking at other stuff, finally tune into to what happended. The mother asks the kid what he did to those guys.
    He says, "nothing."
    He gives his parents a quick recap of the what the hell just went down.
    "You mean they just did that," his mother said.
    Dad looks up the street and hollers "Hey!"
    But the duo either never hears him or they just don't care, they just move on up the street looking for more shit to stir.
    I watch them until they are out of sight.
    I spend the next decade of my life wondering what I would do if that happened to me or my kids.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Typical douchebag M.O. If skinny guy had been alone, no way he pulls that crap. The skinhead types are full of courage when there's more than one of them.

And if it had been my kid, maybe a nice swift kick to the gonads for Mr. Skinny would have been in order. Last thing we need is folks like that reproducing. :)

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I reclaimed a tiny, fun little sliver of my youth this week. I read a post on Paul Lukas' Uni Watch blog about NASL jerseys, which led me to look at the site that inspired the post.

After looking at a few old KC Comets pics, I tried in vain to see if anyone had posted a video on Youtube with the team's intro. I don't remember much other than a giant inflatable soccer ball and some cool song that played in the back ground.

So then I googled KC Comets theme song, and I got this:

Never have seen Midnight Express, but that song kicks ass :)

Draft saved Draft deleted