1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Nah, he's just playing the circle game.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

A very raw, emotional conversation captured.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife is worried that all this will get Trump re-elected.
    I don't know if he will be or not, but to me, this writes the narrative of the election. "This is Trump's America. If you vote for him, it will get worse."

ChrisLong and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The second that video hit if the white guy smashing windows in MN, the president should have instructed the FBI to have all field agents attend these rallies to observe what was happening.

Don’t arrest. Don’t help the police or the protestors. Make note of who is doing what. Follow people who seem out of place. Get their vehicle. Find out who they are.

Then make arrests after the fact.

But our government thought MAGA night last night would make things better.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just as the protests attracted some people into violence for the hell of it, the police response in many cities show us there are many cops who bitterly resent the accountability for their actions created by cell phone video and are anxious to demonstrate to the people that cops are above the law. Both subgroups need to be rooted out and restrained by the law. Likely neither will be.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It seems that most of the rioters are either police officers or supporters of “Drumpf.” Shameful.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’ve seen video where cops are being filmed and they tell the person to put the phone away, then knock it out of their hand

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The idea that racist police killings, police crimes, or systematic racism in general cannot be protested because it only generates more white racism is deeply held, and being stated by many on political twitter right now. I'd like to respond with a hearty "fuck that shit." If peaceful protest (like Kaepernick) AND protests resulting in violence, even if it's police violence, generate more white racism, then what are the protestors supposed to do? That idea is a blunt admission that the whole idea of the United States of America is a dirty lie. I reject that notion strongly. If white people wanna get their racist stuff on, that is exclusively on them. It means they're piss poor citizens and worse people.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Protesting in large number shows that others, many others, feel the way you do and you outnumber the racists on social media.

Every generation, the army of racists loses ranks to the other side. It’s getting really close to have tipped in the last decade.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted