1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ll take it one step further, if the government made reparations ($100,000 person for example) contingent on repatriation back to Africa it would pass easily in the same proportion that trump received votes in the general election.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Just because you're racist doesn't mean that the rest of us are. And some people care passionately about the abuses of law enforcement.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where ya been for the last 100 Years?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That was fantastic, thank you for pointing it out to me. I'm on the verge of tears because of the courage that those women showed (and the team that joined them in the semis(?)) and also heartened to see what happens when people are exposed to diversity. Great stuff. (As for that announcer who started this controversy, I hope he ends up serving at the local Dunkin Donuts and dreaming about how good he had it before he screwed himself.)

Mngwa, Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Great read. Thanks.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't think she winds up with a murder charge like Chauvin, but the "she thought it was a taser" claim certainly didn't do her any favors when it comes to negligent homicide.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Interesting and disturbing thread

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Chauvin defense seems to be arguing breathing the exhaust from the police car was more deadly to George Floyd than having a knee on his neck for 9 1/2 minutes
    Eric Nelson, Chauvin’s defense attorney, was the attorney for Amy Senser, the wife of former Vikings tight end Joe Senser
    She got 41 months

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted