1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I saw a Facebook post (not a friend) showing that if you play his music at 10, you will make black people cry. Ha ha!!

Over at Saving Country Music, most of the reaction is “what about rap music, why can they use it and we can’t??”

There are a lot of white Americans who openly express frustration at the n-word being off limits to them.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You mean in the comments section, right? I can't see the folks who run that site being like that.

4. Tighthead

It’s a one man show and you might be surprised. He’s had some strange criticisms of Isbell and Sturgill, and he lets some highly offensive stuff slide in the comments.

Women writers have gone public with harassing emails. Margo Price called him trash and Isbell said he comes off as an incel.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

My “I’m not racist” friend during the National anthem last night: “at least they have one white singer”

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

A comment like that and he or she would be my former friend.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There aren’t any decent Americans expressing that frustration. There are decent people who believe no one should be using that word.

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and Mngwa like this.
  8. Tighthead

Did you think I was implying that they were decent? I thought it was pretty self-evident that they were trash.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I know you were implying they are trash. I just took Exception to your compliment. Trash implies they were once useful.

10. Tighthead

I said a country artist called one specific person trash.

I complimented nobody.

Please don’t respond.

11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

It’s complicated

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Quite a black and white issue ...

Draft saved Draft deleted