1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think in both cases use of force will be justified and our time is better spent figuring out how to change policing to not get cops there, then, willing to fire.

Brooks was armed, with a taser he stole off one of the cops, and he did fire it, twisting sideways as he ran away. He *could* have disabled a cop.

Now, I absolutely wish the cops had realized how small that chance was and realized that with two of them their risk was even smaller.

That’s where I wish cops changed their rules of engagement. I wish they’d been trained to let him go, tow his car and pick him up later. And I wish (I guess, haven’t worked this all the way through) that someone unarmed had shown up initially to help to ensure it never got to shots being fired.

He stole a cop’s taser and shot it at them, then was shot himself a millisecond later. I think they’ll get off, but what do I know. I’m neither a cop nor a lawyer. Just how I see it now.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Chuck, Shaq and Kenny should be required watching for all Americans.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But yeah, it’s the black protestors who are the problem.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I got roasted on Twitter for saying Black Lives Matter is not a hate group.

Was what I said really that stupid? Is it a hate group?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

No. It's a civil rights movement

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Your mistake was going on Twitter

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Not a hate group, then?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But remember, it’s the antifa, black people and leftists causing all the problems and anything you’ve heard about the far right instigating violence is a myth!

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I find that the people who like to say “BLM is a hate group just like KKK” never actually complain about the KKK.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I heard that the Proud Boys rally was supposed to be larger, but they had it at a college and, you know, most of their teachers were right; they are never going to be able to find their way to college.

Mngwa and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted