1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

D1AACCF8-8016-42F6-A40C-6B521163F9B7.jpeg

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jig... Jigaboo...

Some of the slurs derived from dances they did.

Boogaloo goes back farther than this movie. I remember hearing it in the 70s.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Question, if you love your guns so much and are such a tough guy, why aren’t you in uniform serving our great country?

Oh because the pay sucks? Because the transition to society sucks? Because we cut your VA benefits?

So just pretend to be a soldier and chant MAGA while you buy all this Chinese made goods and clothes while chanting “Kung Flu”? Yeah you’re not a hypocrite.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and qtlaw like this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Probably from this song. Legend claims it was about McCartney, but ringo said it was a word he heard Marc Bolin use often.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Single peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard charts in 1972.

Geez, people must’ve been really horny for ex-Beatles crap in the post-breakup years, because that song is crap.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Can I just say I'm very glad I stayed off this Racism thread tonight (until now), putting all such issues and thoughts aside to watch the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular instead?

Was happy to get goosebumps and be mesmerized by the incredibly spectacular beauty of the fireworks raining down on the Statue of Liberty and the lit-up Empire State Building. Even sans any panning of a crowd -- I guess because, for the first time ever, there wasn't one, due to COVID-19 -- I couldn't help but be impressed, and moved. It felt good for the soul.

Batman likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Stand your ground and the 2nd Amendment works both ways hmmmm.......

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a Tik Tok on Twitter of the car ramming both women. It's not a sound you want to hear.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I don't understand humanity.

Draft saved Draft deleted