1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Two days ago, protesters in Portland tore down a statue of Thomas Jefferson. Last night, they got George Washington.

Called it!

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Redskins (!) remove Marshall statue.

6. goalmouth

In read the book, "A Class Divided", in grade school.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I went through a SimSoc program a few years ago. It was fascinating to see how quickly shifted to norms based on what “color group” they were in. Despite everyone in the group of 50 some being college educated and many with advanced degrees, almost none could think outside of what their group dynamic was.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I did as well. Also watched "The Wave" when it aired as part of ABC's After School Specials....then graduated from the same school as Bruce Davison (star of the Wave).

9. goalmouth

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I showed the Wave in a class. There was a German exchange student, tall blonde kid, who started saluting me with the Wave's salute. It was funny in the moment, but looking back on it, there's some cognitive dissonance I have.

11. goalmouth

Tesla sez employees can take off Juneteenth unpaid. (Why would you need permission?) If Musk didn't have bad looks, he wouldn't have any look at all.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted