1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Pro-/Anti-Holiday Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Hallmark does the big unveiling of their Christmas ornaments in July. I wish I were making that up. The big day this year was July 15th. I was in the Hallmark store on the 14th and they already had the ornament displays up, but covered with sheets in anticipation of the next day's festivities. It all made me a bit nauseous.

Costco has had Christmas wrapping paper, cards, ribbons, etc., as well as holiday-themed gift baskets out for at least a couple of weeks.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I could probably get some Christmas spirit, if Christmas would get the hell out of my face. :)

I think it's actually the commercial jingles that do it to me. A thousand permutations of the same five fucking songs, repeated nonstop. It just makes me crazy.

That, and this forced buying people things they don't need with money I don't have. And you're basically doing it as an obligation because they're going to get you stuff you don't need. Can't we all just buy ourselves stuff we actually want, get together for a nice meal and call it good?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you want to:

1. Drink "nog" based beverages

B. Sing Don Henley

You'll be first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Proceed accordingly.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1. Never had nog in my life because the thought of putting that in my mouth ... yeah, let's not go there. I'd rather drink a bucket o' cum than drink nog.

2. I never will forget those nights ... err, nevermind.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll pistol whip the next motherfucker who says Don Henley!

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, pistol whip.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shenanigans! Wait ...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pro.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Last year's "Christmas" pretty much finished me. I don't even want to think about this year's ...

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, I'm already shopping for Christmas presents. If anybody knows where to find a left-handed t-ball-sized glove for my nephew, I will love you forever and ever. I've looked at the sporting goods store, Target and Toys R Us.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You have no idea how hard this made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted