1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Primaries Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

That shouldn't be happening.

If a presidential candidate -- no matter how ridiculous the thing was said, and no matter how many times it was repeated -- said he/she "misspoke," that's the end of the story, right?

Right?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hillary's not so good on defense. She comes across as just, smug is the word. So she tries to defuse the sniper story by coming out and saying she would have left Obama's church.
    Judging by how each candidate has responded to recent controversies, I'm not even sure Hillary is still in this by the time Pennsylvania votes. Or maybe she goes out on a high note, wins and says, "I'll give (the nomination) to Obama." (even though I knew I could go on.)"

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Ok, all kidding aside, we all know she is using this story to bolster her claims of foreign policy "experience".
    Now, a misspeak would have been to say the girl was 12, not 8, or it was a boy, something like that.
    But a total, we ran from the plane, heads down, when it never happened?
    She tried to BS us, figured no one would know, and it blew up on her. Turns out she's in bigger danger from her lie than the actual event.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thar's snipers in them thar hills, I tells ya.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, and in actual news, numerous places are reporting massive Dem. registration in PA.

Which is, of course, a damn good thing for the general.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shots fired! Tell the First Lady to run!
    Bitch, I said get yo head down!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps she truly did "misspeak" and the gunfire came after Sinbad did his act?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This is the funniest fucking post I've read on here in at least a month. Take a bow, DD.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Oddly, I told friends months ago that HRC's combat record would be an issue in 2008, as Kerry's was in 2004.

I was just kidding, though.

Who knew?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I just hope whoever wins is a one-term president. I'm so disillusioned with the "candidates" that have made it this far I probably won't even vote.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nope he's right. It's pretty much a hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.