1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Preseason NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 5, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love Madden, but to be able to replace Madden with Collinsworth was a nice bit of luck/planning for NBC. If not Collinsworth, who would they have ended up with? Favre? Gruden? Dungy?
    The best thing about Collinsworth is he makes very cogent points but without coming off like he discovered the Rosetta Stone. He's critical without being biting, informative without using too much jargon, and has he used the pronoun "I" yet?
    But I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is with Al Michaels' hair.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bad time for this link?

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

No such thing as a bad time for that song.

4. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

At first I felt bad because the first thing I noticed was that the URL ended in "GaA-Y". Then I listened to it. :)

5. DanOregon

If you're talking the start of a football season, there is only one song to be played.

6. Guhhhh.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well done.

The current NBC theme was written by John Williams. It's nice, but it can't begin to replace a staple like the original theme for MNF.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is hardly a scoop, but the Bills are going to suck out loud.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

They don't have to change and tomorrow the officials can go to work as circus clowns.

10. DanOregon

A nice tribute to Madden at halftime, I do hope he pops up here and there this season.
    I was kind of hoping they'd open up with a gag at the top of the broadcast with Madden saying he's pulling a Favre and coming back and Collinsworth getting all pissed. Seem's odd that he's in Canton over the weekend and not doing anything with NBC.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Better than this? :)

(wow, is that wonderfully horrible)

Edit:

Better version. The song needs updating, but the pictures have the final result. :)

12. DanOregon

While I was pulling up the MNF theme I stumbled across the Raiders "Silver and Black Attack" wannabee Super Bowl Shuffle. Embarrassing. I'm glad they were in L.A. then.

And Mortensen's kid is a back-up for the Titans? A nice story, but the kid's arm strength and delivery make me figure he ended up at Samford for a reason. Though after reading his biography, only completed 40 of 84 passes for 372 yards in college stints at Arkansas and Samford and hadn't played a down in three years make me wonder if he would have gotten a camp invite if his dad wasn't connected.

Draft saved Draft deleted