1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Preseason NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 5, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Doesn't look like Clemens is putting up much of a fight in the QB battle. I wonder if that may ultimately hurt Sanchez by not having someone else to really push him. I'm sure the guy's super self-motivated, but it's almost as if things are coming too easy for him. And that won't be the case when the games count. Just wondering if this camp experience is setting him up for a bit of a rude awakening once the season begins.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So we get the old Houston Oilers uniforms, and as a bonus the refs look like they should be running a Wattaburger drive thru.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh, my God, that was the most beautiful fake punt I've ever seen. The behind-the-back fake Statue of Liberty!

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yeah, I like seeing the uniforms, but not seeing that team wear them. They are NOT the Houston Oilers.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The second best part (after the behind-the-back action) was Fisher jumping up and down in the background from the end zone shot.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think it's an insult to us Titans fans that this team has to play in this game covered in Oiler logos...even on the scoreboard graphic. That's bullshit.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

LenDale looks lean.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

NBC rocking w/ the Kaiser Chiefs going into a commercial...and a huge upgrade w/ Collingsworth replacing Madden...I'd be enjoying this game even if the Titans weren't firing already on all cylinders!

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, I was thinking that it was an insult to the memory of the Oilers, but hey, as long as we agree that it's bullshit ... ;)

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Trent Edwards looks to be in midseason form.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. They steal another city's team AND they get annoyed when they show that history for one pre-season game? Ouch.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vince Young, ladies and gentlemen.

Draft saved Draft deleted