1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Preseason NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 5, 2009.

1. And apparently he is a MORON!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Question for you smart people......isn't the third preseason game typically when the starters play the most?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are thinking of buying tickets to a preseason game, don't.

I think the third game is when you might see the starters the most, but a lot of that depends on the coach.

4. JackReacher

Don't try to read my mind. You'll be wrong 100 percent of the time.

I got free tickets to Skins-Patriots on Aug. 28, the third week of the preseason. Just wondering how much of the starters I should expect to see.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would not even waste my time if I had free tickets. Getting in and out of Fed Ex is bad enough, but I am always wrong, so go and have a great time watching players trying not to get hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29827&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=PRE3

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Brady will probably play a couple series, because he wants to, but Belichick has really given up on even pretending the exhibitions are anything but tough practices for rookies and scrubs battling for roster spots.

7. JackReacher

So don't go.

I'm a big boy. I've been to FedEx many, many times. I know what I'm doing.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Well, if you know so much, then why the fark are you asking.

9. JackReacher

I wasn't asking about the game-day experience, chief.

Thanks for your concern, though.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You really wanna impress me, Sonner, go to a motherfucking preseason game.

11. JackReacher

Overheard at my tailgate:"Now THAT'S a fire!!! Roll the child around a little bit."

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP) —Mark Sanchez reared back and lofted a pretty pass downfield that landed in Jerricho Cotchery's hands for a touchdown.

It was the first play of team drills and the beginning of a brilliant practice Saturday for the New York Jets rookie quarterback.

"I put it in a place where only J-Co can get it," Sanchez said, "and he made a great adjustment for the ball."

Working exclusively with the first-team offense for the first time this summer, Sanchez completed 10 of 19 passes for two touchdowns and an interception in the morning session. He also further solidified his edge over Kellen Clemens in the team's quarterback competition.

"Every day needs to be a step forward when you get a chance to go with that first-team group," said Sanchez, trying to win the spot vacated when Brett Favre retired. "I thought it really showed that I was ready for that, and I took advantage of that time."

Meanwhile, Clemens struggled running the second-team offense, going 4 of 12 with no scores, an interception — and two other passes that could've been picked off.

Draft saved Draft deleted