1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running preseason 2010 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I can see Boise going undefeated if they beat Tech. I don't think Boise beats Tech. And I have a hard time seeing Tech going undefeated even if they do beat Boise. Their conference schedule is tougher than people are going to give credit for. Plus don't they always blow one in October?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

UM will be at best a 8 win team.

@OSU
    @Pittsburgh
    @Clemson
    FSU
    UNC
    Va Tech.

Jacory Harris and his noodle arm are overrated.

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Ragu: Only way Pryor matches Young's feat is if he faces a shitty defense (like Texas did in USC) in the title game.

Beating Miami should not be nearly the feat many think, particularly in Columbus. The Miami O-line is porous and the Canes overall, including Harris, are a bit soft for my taste.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Ohio State's season (along with any relative success Pryor may have) is going to come down to whether they can finally develop a couple of serviceable O-Tackles. Defense will be typically strong...and deep. Interior O line is excellent, very, very deep at TB, above average receiving corp. They've struggled at OT since the '02 season...which has contributed greatly to TP's slowed development. He hasn't been the messiah that so many expected (but then again, he IS only starting his Jr. year), but the poor O-line play has played a much under credited role in that.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes. Tech won't go undefeated. Zippy chance. But not because they don't have the talent. They always blow one.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My top question after looking at this poll ... Florida State at No. 20? Really?

I agree with Nebraska being a top-10 team. Assuming the Huskers get past the Huskies in Seattle, it sets up a great showdown on Oct. 16 against Texas in Lincoln. No hard feelings in that one!

Speaking of hard feelings, those rude, drunken fans in Moscow, Idaho (according to Boise State's president) are saving all their money for cases of Busch Lite so they'll be plenty juiced for Boise State's final (maybe) trip to the Kibbie Dome on Nov. 12.

You don't know how hard some people in my neck of the woods are wanting undefeated Boise State to blow it all in that game. And it could happen.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13714834/pitt-coach-comfortable-reinstating-sheard?tag=headlines;other

I wonder if Dave Wannstedt would be as concerned about being "fair" to a player who wasn't a big-time pass rusher like Jabaal Sheard. Then again, it isn't the first time a stud lineman at Pitt has thrown another human being through glass with minimal consequences. (Very old reference that I'm not sure anybody will get).

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Finished on a sour note? I guess you didn't include the bowl season. The Big Ten did very well while the Pac 10 bombed. Ohio State and Iowa pwned their opponents, including the Masoli-led Ducks.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's fine, newbie. You're just another SEC honk who would rather see the Big Ten disappear and spend all season taking shots at them. Auburn isn't all that and they have Gene "fucking" Chizik as their coach. The same guy who went 5-17 at lowly Iowa State.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Auburn has a shot to be good this year. Real good.

Also, the Big Ten vs. SEC moaning and groaning is annoying. People on both sides end up looking fucking stupid. Always.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OK, fine.

First, I do not think they will defeat Virginia Tech, but kudos to them for scheduling someone like that.

Second, I don't care if they go 20-0, we ARE NOT having Boise State in any national championship game. Not now, not ever. Period. End of conversation.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mark, I don't get it. If Boise beat Virginia Tech (I have no idea) and goes undefeated, and no BCS conference team is undefeated (which could happen in theory), then of course they will be in the championship game. The BCS would have to flagrantly rig the computer to make it otherwise.
    I'm not saying that will happen, but it is a possibility. Why not just say it's very unlikely Boise or any other non-BCS conference school will make the championship game, which happens to be true?

Draft saved Draft deleted