1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running preseason 2010 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Jeremiah Masoli, fresh off a Rose Bowl appearance, leaves Oregon and enrolls at Ole Miss (and will play immediately)

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's allowed to leave the state of Oregon?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fear the Hawkeye

4. mb

mb Active Member

Liked Fark's headline about the Boise State-Idaho schedule dustup:

After years of complaining that no one will play them because opponents are afraid of being upset, Boise State decides to stop playing Idaho because they are afraid of being upset

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's a steal for the Rebels.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As a Duck alum, I can't say that I'm sad to see him go.

The SI.com piece on Masoli was a nice little valentine to him. The guy certainly has pleaded guilty to a lot of things he didn't do.

He may be a good guy, and I hope he gets his life on track. I'm glad his next arrest and guilty plea for something he didn't do will be some other program's headache.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

"Sometimes they can arrest you so fast, it messes you up."

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in what Masoli means to the balance of power in the SEC.
    His presence alone isn't enough to beat Alabama, I think.
    But for the rest of the league and looking at Ole Miss's early-season schedule, the Rebs could start really hot and might get on a roll. Weirder things have happened.
    It is interesting that the SEC West now has at least three players -- Ingram, Mallett, Masoli -- who could be in the running for the Heisman.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

VT-Boise.

Cised.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way imaginable Masoli joins a new program this late and performs anywhere near a Heisman level. And that's not even factoring in the baggage he brings with him, which won't help him with the voters.

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Top of the Big Te-Lev-en should be very strong. Pryor needs to stay healthy & continue to improve for tOSU to live up to expectation. Iowa may well win the conference, due to a better home schedule....Wisconsin is also strong.

PSU should take a step back, due to breaking in a new QB. As much (as a Buckeye homer) as I hate to say it.....suspect Michigan may finally start getting their sh*t together. Should have a good idea of where they are, after the ND game.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Great, another crappy undefeated Big Ten team that gets to the title game and gets whupped. Jim Tressel loves losing on the biggest stage, I swear.

Draft saved Draft deleted