1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running PGA Championship Thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

AP story said Daly prepped for the major by playing the slots and this morning, drinking lots of caffeine and smoking cigarettes.

Daly needs to do an update of the Belushi SNL commercial skit for Chocolate Donuts, breakfast of champions!!!

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Only if you're toting a television camera. He's a complete d-bag to print guys, from my experience.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I could see that. I have no experience with him, but I could see him as the type of guy that really doesn't give a shit about the media and I'm sure there are plenty of things he'd rather do than sit around and answer questions.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I posted this as a separate thread, but does anyone have a site to look up first-round stats, as in greens in regulation, putts, fairways, etc. I can't seem to find it on the PGA.com site or anywhere else for that matter. Thanks.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Woody Austin, a notorious red-ass, is playing steady..one bogey, two birdies through 12 holes, tied with Daly for the lead. Grame Storm is up and down: four birdies, five bogeys, one double and is 3-over for the day through 14. Scott Verplank, Ian Poulter and J.J. Henry making moves.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Verplank at -4 for the tournament (shot a 66 today). Daly and Woods rounds are under way. Projected cut is +5, but of course, it's subject to change.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nice job for Rory S., coming in at 10 over. It's hard to beat Tiger from the couch.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

actually the couch is probably Rory's best shot, ala video games.

9. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

effin Comcast....TNT's been dark all day in SabrefanLand

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Tiger has been pretty damn solid so far. Looks like he'll be -3 through ten and he's been striking the ball well.

Sergio has been, dare I say, a clutch putter today. Should be +5 but he's been pulling some solid par saves out of his ass.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

El Tigre seems to be on an el roll. And it's nice to see Daly hasn't completely imploded yet, unlike Graeme (cracker) Storm.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Excellent round for Tiger so far. Showing his championship mettle.

Draft saved Draft deleted