1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Open Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Key, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Next time I'm in Rome, I'll call it the Open Championship. Here in the United States, I'll call it the British Open.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

And David Duval realizes who he has become: 44 on the front side today. Five bogeys, a double, a triple and two pars.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Furyk should win this thing. It's all set up for him.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Only thing today needs is a little rain to make it like Saturday 2002.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Not really paying attention - it's on in the background as I transcribe quotes - but I just took a break long enough to stretch and watch K.J. Choi tee off on 18.

Those doing the commentary were talking about the empty seats in the grandstand and how they'll fill up tomorrow. The analyst said, "It looks like they're reserved for Florida Marlins fans."

Just made me laugh.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Norman 2 shot lead going into the final round. I'm almost afraid to watch. I've seen this movie before.

I hope he wins because he's definitely owed one or two from the golf Gods. It would be a great story. It wouldn't say much for the rest of the field that a 53-year old who never plays golf any more wins the British Open, but I hope it happens.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nailing Chris Evert and leading the Open going into the final day... who's got it better than Greg Norman right now.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's been 12 years. Does he even remember how to choke?

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Over-under on Tiger/Shark references in Doug's lede?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I just hope Greg Norman doesn't go the way of David Duval tomorrow. Too far along now for that. And that was one great fuckin chip he hit on 18.

11. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Is Doug even there? Paul Newberry's been filing coverage all week.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

^BC-GLF--British Open-Notebook,1317
    ^An 83 for Duval, but not as bad as number looks
    ^By DOUG FERGUSON=
    ^AP Golf Writer=
    SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — David Duval finally put together two good rounds to get into contention at the British Open, raising the idea that he was close to breaking out of a mystifying slump.

Draft saved Draft deleted