1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Open Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Key, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

We're No. 1! We're No. 1! We're No. 1!

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's the new name of the John Deere Classic.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Where can I get tix for the T&T Jamboree?

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agree that the Open Championship is the most important and toughest golf tournament. Yes, the U.S. Open is damn difficult, but the Open Championship IMO is the toughest.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, next up this weekend--the Canadian Open.

We call it the Tournament No One Wants to Attend although for the past couple of years.the RCGA has chartered a plane from the Open to bring in players.

Back in the day it was considered one of the majors but a combination of shitty money and bad dates have pretty much shoved it into a tier two tourney for the last 15 years or so. .

Palmer won his first professional golf tournament here.

Snead won it three times.

Furyk has won it the last two years.

Woods won it in 2000 . His fourth round bunker shot on the 18th from about 200 yards is in a lot of top ten highlights.

My dad caddied in it twice back in the 30's.

6. KP

KP Active Member

One has been conducted since 1860, the other since 1895. That is why the British Open is THE Open.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Chartered a plane from the British Open?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Loved Poulter's charge. Too bad he 3 jacked from the green on 17 when he could have taken the lead.

Norman? Just too bad. But, to bring the other thread in, he is unbearable to watch before he hits the ball. He's got ten tics/waggles before he hits a shot and even more before he hits a putt; it reminded me why I just never rooted for him (and I fully despise him for snagging my boyhood heartthrob Chrissie). Guy had the Saturday Slam in 1986, amazing, then in the first major of 1987 gets Mized.
    And he had the lead at the 10th tee by 1.

Harrington? Great guy, really enjoy his down home presence and his gratitude to everyone around him.

Draft saved Draft deleted