1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running off-season CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Marcus Williams

Marcus Williams New Member

Glad people are starting to finally realize McElwain's plan and letting him do his job.

Jim McElwain's vision becoming clearer at Florida

A coach in today's time can't even get five minutes to gameplan before the "Restoration of the program" talk. They take in under developed rosters, struggle for 3 years, then the coach after them gets praise for potential NFL draft picks. They still get paid a lot, but watching over a hundred kids and bringing in millions of dollars to a university for other programs isn't something to sneeze at.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They don't learn, do they? Optics, people.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can tell you both of those tubs came from Tractor Supply.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is there anything more tired and canned than the press release announcing a player transferring? Honestly, I'd love to read an honest one.
    "I've decided to bolt this poor excuse of a team after Coach screwed me out of the starting job. Johnny Football would have struggled if he had to practice with this third string line. I never got a fair shot, so now I'm stuck playing at an even cruddier school where I hope THAT coach isn't lying to me like this one did.....Oh - and academics....Go Local Team!"

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a coach suspending seven players (including a few starters) for a season opener against a top 20 team. Usually it's "well we don't want the rest of the team to suffer for these players' selfish actions - they'll sit against No. Colorado."
    Hats off to McElwain.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A good man. So glad to know that college football is populated by men of such character.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The rumor on the message boards is that whatever they did leaked -- because there are no police reports -- and he was forced to act for the Michigan game rather than do it the next week against N. Colorado.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted