1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running off-season CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And boy did this hot take from April not age well.

Atheist Group: College Must Ban Football Coach From Tweeting About God

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

His whole thing about the reasons for not wanting to do satellite camps hasn't aged well either:

“I’m selfish with my time,” he said. “I’m away from my family enough, and I just did not want to go. I was ready to. We would’ve jumped in with the rest of them and gone to work. But I’m glad we can have a camp and I can sleep at home.”

“I will never apologize for wanting to be a good father. I miss enough volleyball games. That is a priority for me,” Freeze said on Mike & Mike

3. dixiehack

Amazingly, the one person I've heard sorry to see him go (that doesn't spend every Saturday in the Grove) is Finebaum. Go figure.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes you bust a Nutt, and sometimes ...

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

...you wanna' fuck someone who doesn't look like the mom on Who's The Boss?

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. dixiehack

Apparently Arkansas thought they were submitting a programming block in a parallel universe for the SWC Network.

If they're that obsessed, ship them to the Big 12 and bring in someone good.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Am I wrong in thinking that if you are going to pick a basketball game to showcase your school, shouldn't the top choice be winning the national title?

That SMU-Arkansas hoops game has no significance at all. That makes no sense to be included.

8. dixiehack

This is the third year for the school takeover days (not at all a bad gimmick during the dog days for college sports), so they may have done it before. But yeah, I hear you.

Hogs-Horns from 1979 just started. Don't see many quick kicks any more.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I see what you're getting at, but only three of those games are from when they were in the SWC.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always enjoy seeing the neck rolls, half jerseys, forearm pads and the receivers starting off in four-point stances.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Hogs stopped being relevant at the final whistle of the 1995 NCAA hoops natty.

Kind of parallel to the Dallas Cowboys, now that you think of it.

12. dixiehack

And jersey numbers taller than upright vacuums.

Draft saved Draft deleted