1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running of the Bulls - Pamplona

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 9, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They really need to route the Tour de France through there when they're running the bulls.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The author who was gored was helped by a Hemingway.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/bill-hillmann-gored-by-a-bull

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wish I had done this when I was younger. At 44, if I did it now it would smack of middle-age desperation.
    I missed my window.

Much like getting a tattoo.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nah, screw that. If you really want to do it, go for it. It's not like you're out there in a walker.

If you want to buy a convertible, if it makes you happy, go for it. If they want to say that it's middle age crazy or your midlife crisis, let'em.

They'll still be in a Toyota driving appliance and you'll be in your convertible.

Live your life.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm glad I saw this thread and was on the look out for the Esquire show. I enjoyed it.

It was very surreal to watch. The announcers never got very excited or anything, and at the end, they put up the day's stats. 3 gores. 7 to the hospital. Oh, ok.

It was even more surreal when they mentioned the animal rights protesters in the area. The announcing went something along the lines of "the protesters are reminding us this is a very cruel tradition that features the torture of the bulls. Important to remember. Anyway, back to the stats, then we'll talk about tomorrow's run."

Draft saved Draft deleted