1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running North Korea freakout thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's what happened when I tried to write a short post. I think Ragu and I were separated at birth.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Look at that fat fuck. Gaining 30, 50 lbs a year while every fucking body else in the country is right at the edge of starvation. Fuck him.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Trump?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah ... Un knows how to wear his tie.

JC likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pompeo returning from North Korea with three American hostages,

Morning Joe & Mika look devastated.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

One wonders what it cost us.

Not hard to get a hostage back if you pay the ransom.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I think you have to give Trump credit for this one, and the three men's return should be celebrated without rancor.

I'd still be worried about the summit, though. Will Trump overstep the bounds of tense diplomatic negotiations?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Give him credit, just like when the UCLA basketball players were released by the Chinese? And, of course, he'll continue to claim Obama couldn't get all three released despite the fact that two were taken into custody during Trump's administration.

Baron Scicluna and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, someone on his team gets credit, right? This was more than a shoplifting case in China. I can imagine someone – not Trump, but maybe Pompeo or some other high-ranker – coming up with the idea to say: "Hey, Kim, Pompeo's on his way over again to help plan the summit, and oh by the way he's coming home with those three hostages if you know what's good for you from here on ... "

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is great.

The release of the hostages/prisoners, I mean. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it -- getting Americans home from foreign jails after they committed no crime is good. Yes, it happened on Trump's watch, so he deserves the kudos.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted