1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

running NHL TV coverage thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, May 15, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, Reaugh has done very well. Maybe they're using Beninati since he's the regular Capitals guy, and as a result may have a better knowledge of both teams.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I'm sure there was some cash exchanged in that deal.

I dug it, though. Being someone who has no cable, I was able to watch a crapload of hockey, including about 10 of my favorite team's games that I wouldn't normally see, because of it.

3. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Either that or that they really like Beninati. He gets a LOT of games in the regular season. I just don't like the "BULLSEYE!" and the other obnoxious calls he makes. His voice is OK, though. I think I'd like him if he toned it down a bit.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can't stand Beninati. On my list of five worst tv announcers, any sport.

5. tommyp

tommyp Member

Glad I'm not the only one. He doesn't need to be a walking thesaurus for the game...just use the words we all are comfortable with, such as goal or goalie instead of marker and netminder.

Draft saved Draft deleted