1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Oct 16, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really like the trade for San Diego, too, but is it a fast one if the Dolphins felt it was time to move on and got value for him? I don't think it is a terrible deal either way.

By the way, the Chargers put receiver Eric Parker on IR with broken toe today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArzhhL2p2vkS8OCvhelqRUQ5nYcB?slug=ap-dolphins-chargerstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I guess all that's left for the Dolphins is to trade Ronnie Brown for a couple kicking tees and start prepping for the draft.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Before anyone goes crazy with calling Chambers a steal keep in mind that Moss went for a fourth round pick. I've always felt that Chambers is overrated -- he doesn't seem to have great hands, kind of an important quality for a WR. If he's ever going to get the chance to prove me wrong, it'll be in that offense. But judging by the way draft picks are valued in today's NFL a second rounder is nothing to sneeze at.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm happy to see Chambers out of the division, and (even with a few drops here and there) he gives the Chargers a major upgrade at WR. And anything that gets the Fins closer to 0-16 has my approval. ;D

In other news, sources say the Bills are sticking with the rook: Edwards starting at QB against the Ravens. I know how the fans are reacting - boy, do I ever - but I wouldn't mind some unbiased opinions on the move, from people who actually know something about football (as opposed to the yahoos I ride herd on at home).

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I can't wait to see what two draft picks the Chiefs got for Michael Bennett.
    My guess is they aren't first-day picks.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I hope the Packers have some extra kicking tees laying around... ;)

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bumped up...

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's my favorite time of the week. You know, next to every other October baseball game.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If he could stay healthy and not fumble, I think Brandon Jacobs could be a real good back.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have the Bucs-Lions for some reason. I think I'll go for a walk instead.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I got 49ers-Giants. Mike Nolan looks dapper in his shirt and tie. Too bad his defense is giving up roughly 12,000 yards every time Jacobs touches the ball.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Eli-to-Toomer for a five yard touchdown. Toomer's 49th TD catch, a new Giants' team record. Tynes missed the extra point. Big Blue leads 6-0.

Draft saved Draft deleted