1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I know it's weird starting this thread talking about a team that's on bye this weekend, but I just found out the Chargers got Chris Chambers from the Dolphins for a second-round draft pick.

Seems like a pretty good pickup for a team needing to bolster its receiving corps. What do you all think?

Oh, yes, and we can talk about the teams actually playing this weekend, too. :)

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

That is a good pickup, the Chargers have no one on their receiving corps. Takes some pressure off LT and Gates.

Also, the Bucs got Michael Bennett from the Chiefs.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

ESPN said about 5 minutes ago that Kevin Everett has walked in rehab.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Good move by the Chargers.

Fantasy owners of Chambers have to be even more delighted.

And that's great news about Everett.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, that puts my news item to shame.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Great news about Everett.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

It's still incremental progress, and there's a long way to go...
    ...but it's PROGRESS. You can bet this fangirl will be rockin' the Everett 85 shirt at the Bills-Ravens game Sunday.

Add: WIVB-TV (ESPN's source) led their sportscast with a short blurb on Everett, "walking with some assistance." That tracks fairly close to what Wawrow wrote.

8. sportschick

Sounds as if ESPN overstated what occurred a bit, but it's amazing progress regardless.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Considering what Capp was telling us the day after the Denver game?

It's a freaking miracle, sc. Nothing less.

10. sportschick

Oh totally.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would think that my man Sam Mills agrees with me when I say the Chargers absolutely robbed the Dolphins. Chambers has never been in an offense that has adequately used him.

Now that he's in San Diego, watch for him to absolutely explode. He is going to make life easier for Tomlinson, Gates and Rivers, just like they'll make life easier for him.

I believe with this deal, the Chargers are back among the AFC's elite teams.

---

Great news about Everett. Absolutely wonderful news.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

On Everett, the news keeps getting better and better. It's great to hear that he's exceeding the understandably gloomy expectations forecast after the incident at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

On Chambers, HB is spot-on. That he now has the chance to be on a team that can make a difference, and while I'm obviously biased as all get out, Philip Rivers is a better QB than anything Miami has had since Dan Marino retired. Chambers is a big package of potential ready to flourish in an offense that I feel will know how to utilize him.

Some will say the second-round pick is too much in the modern NFL market. But if Chambers does half of what I think he can do, the Chargers just pulled a serious fast one.

Draft saved Draft deleted