1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 6 Thread - Cowboys-Pats hype!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just don't trust Griese. Push comes to shove, I think he'll make a mistake that costs Chicago the game. As for the Bengals, yeah, their defense is terrible. But I've seen Herm coached teams and know when they're going to get smoked.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Does anyone here get that reference?

Of course, with the crickets currently the only ones commenting on my officiating post on the NFL Week 5 thread, it wouldn't shock me if no one here got the reference.

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I didn't, Simon, sorry. I was just channeling a certain roided-up fella, obviously not well.

I'll slink to the corner.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Hope this isn't a d_b but it sure is funny ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3060050&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

According to reports in the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press, coach Brad Childress called a team meeting Wednesday after defensive end Erasmus James and running back Chester Taylor briefly squared off in the locker room after practice.

James reportedly threw a punch that landed near Taylor's right eye, and Taylor retaliated by throwing a chair. But when the chair accidentally hit left tackle Bryant McKinnie -- a friend of Taylor -- that brought an end to the incident, according to reports on the scuffle.

Erasmus James

James
    On Thursday, during the team's media access period, Taylor was seen with a shiner underneath his right eye. James, meanwhile, was added to the Vikings injury report Thursday because of a shoulder problem. It was not clear if the injury was sustained on the field or in the fight, according to the reports.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Think Jimmeh.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, at least the Vikings stuff didn't happen on a boat.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cowboys 35, Pats 22

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

JDV called called Cal the best best ever last week in some college football thread.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Know you guys love to hate the Cowboys, especially now that we all know JDV roots for them, but that photo right there was a poor excuse at humor. We know you've got funnier stuff than that abbott, c'mon!

On another note: AGAIN, whoever said the Cowboys were only beating JV teams ... Patriots have beaten, Jets (1-4), Bills (1-4), Bengals (1-3), Browns (2-3), Chargers (2-3) - 7-17.

Cowboys - beat Giants (3-2), Dolphins (0-5), Bears (2-3), Rams (0-5), Bills (1-4) - 8-19.

Now obviously the two 0-5 teams stick out on the Cowboys sked, but out of both teams the Cowboys are the only ones to beat a team with a winning record, so please go somewhere else with that "Cowboys have only beaten JV teams" bullshit.

Again, I'M NOT SAYING the Cowboys are going to win. I'd fricking love it if they did, but knowing Randy Moss' past history against the Cowboys, it's not looking good. I make no apologies for being a Cowboys looser fanboy, it's just the way it is. But don't think I'm not going to defend my team whenever someone spouts off an inaccuracy.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tommy boy,

Dallas is winning the Super Bowl this year with a 17-2 record (maybe 18-1)!

Draft saved Draft deleted