1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 6 Thread - Cowboys-Pats hype!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Figured I'd carry over the conversation from the Week 5 thread to here since it'll happen anyway.

Make your predictions - Cowboys-Pats ... will it be the game of the year? Game of the day? or will it just be lame?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Boys will get their asses handed to them.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

This comes from the DMN's Cowboys blog: Thought this might be good fodder:

Wade Phillips doesn't think his previous encounters with Patriots QB Tom Brady mean anything this week. Phillips is quick to point out that the Cowboys have different personnel than the Chargers, so he's altered his scheme.

But Brady has not performed particularly well against the Phillips 3-4. A look at Brady's games against the Chargers the last two seasons:

San Diego 41, Patriots 17 (Oct. 2, 2005) -- Brady completed 19 or 32 passes for 224 yards with one TD and one INT in a blowout that snapped the Patriots' 21-game home winning streak. New England had only two first downs in the second half.

Patriots 24, Chargers 21 (Jan. 7, 2007) -- Brady struggled most of the playoff game, completing 27 of 51 passes and getting picked off three times. But he made enough plays to win, passing for 280 yards and three TDs. Marlon McCree's interception probably would have sealed the win for San Diego, but the Patriots got new life by forcing a fumble on the return. Brady took advantage by throwing a TD pass and setting up the game-winning field goal with a deep ball to Reche Caldwell on the next possession.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Could be a hell of a game.

Disappointing that everyone says this is no big deal.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The DSM-IV Bowl
    the Psychopath v. Sociopath

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I predict some TD passes from No. 81.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a big deal. This could be the best team yet that the Patriots have soundly beaten.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

As usual, Cowboys OVERHYPE.

Patriots 38, Cowboys 17

9. Tommy_Dreamer

I just hope the Cowboys make it a game or even beat the Pats, just to get all of you off of their backs for one lousy game last Monday in Buffalo. The Pats' haven't played anybody either. Look at their opponents' W- L record and it might be one or maybe two away from the Cowboys'.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The game of the year is still a few weeks away: Pats vs. Colts.

That said, this could be one helluva game. And I'm gonna go with the Cowboys because I despise everything New England.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

51-17 Patriots
    Romo throws 3 picks

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tommy, I just keep thinking of this past week and the opener. In the opener against the Giants, their defense looked very vulnerable. Their offense, particularly Romo, looked very shaky against a bad Buffelo defense.

I saw the Bills before the injuries really hit hard, and they looked like shit then. That's a tough team to look bad against, but the Cowboys managed Monday night. Makes me wonder about them a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted