1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're exactly right with all of that.

I was pleased with the way Dookie Davenport ran last night. Perhaps he'll be a good counter-point to Parker.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Puhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlease.

He had one good drive, still where four of his five completions were on routes within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I would grade that drive as a B.

Harrington was a pure D on the rest of the plays (he averaged less than six yards per pass attempt).

And Culpepper, who had gotten better each week, would have done better.

Easily.

Culpepper, since the opener, has completed 63 of 97 passes for 2 TDs angaints 1 INT and had run in for another TD. Yes he took 18 sacks, five of which he had more than 3 seconds before being touched/forced to take his eyes off the potential receivers by a pass rusher.

Dumb move by a dumb coach.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If you're counting on Joey Harrington to be the answer to the Dolphins' problems, all I can do is wish you good luck. Because you're going to need it.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

How exciting is this Ravens-Broncos game? Exciting enough that this is the first mention of it in this thread. I'm at work, I see it's 6-3, and I'm thinking that I haven't missed much.

Check that, the Broncos just made it 13-3 to put it away.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yeah, pretty sure Joey Harrington is about as good as Kyle Boller. Nothing but a serviceable backup, and even then, you can find better backups than Harrington.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

The problem with the Dolphins is that Ronnie Brown can't find many holes with a patchwork OL blocking for him.
    A running game would open up the passing game.
    Brown is working too hard for 2-3 yard gains.
    And to me, this guy is the Phins' MVP so far.
    [​IMG]

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Which equals a bad record every time.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He's also a great kick returner on Madden 07 ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted