1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm with T.O. on this one. Drew Bledsoe fucking sucks.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The problem is that Bledsoe is the living embodiment of the old "He's just good enough to get you beat" line. He is never as bad as say Culpepper of 06. It's always the sack at the wrong time or the game-killing INT. He keeps the Cowboys in the game for 59:30 and then throws that INT.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The two sacks earlier in the series were bigger gaffes than the interception IMO. Get rid of the fucking ball.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've got to admit, Matt Leinert looked solid for his first NFL start. He made one horrible mistake, which led to three KC points. But he threw two nice touchdown passes, and threw two more good passes on the game's final drive that gave Rackers a chance to tie the game.

Sure he stayed in the pocket too long a couple of times, and once he was sacked when he had ample time to throw the ball away, but Leinert did well I thought, especially against a defense that hadn't given up a touchdown since the first half of Week 1.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I better see Tony Romo starting next week. I'm sick of Drew Bledsoe's bullshit!

I know it won't happen, but THE GDMFer sucks. I've had it with his no mobility, stand in the pocket like a statue, interception machine, fumble as if my name were Dave Krieg ass!

I hope TO does go off on him this week. He won't because I don't really think he's that stupid but man, someone needs to.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, Joey's the fucking savior of the Dolphins. ::)

26-of-41, 232 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 58.2 rating

He's a dog. Culpepper injured still gives you a better chance to win that that stiff healthy.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Leinart will have his hands full Monday night against the Bears.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Dennis Green reminds me of Chef right before he was hit with the dart and taken back to the SAC.

And Joey Harrington is an excellent piano player.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jon Kitna did his best Jeff Garthia impersonation today, with two hysterical panicking barf-up fumbles/interceptions straight into the hands of opponents in full stride to the end zone. Good to see that "veteran leadership" and "experienced savvy" shining through.

:D :D :D :D :D

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't remember the last time a team fell apart so quickly as the Lions did today. 17-3 lead in the fourth, and they lose 26-17? Sad.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sparty Syndrome.
    :D ;) :D ;D :D

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

San Diego Chargers: please, for all things sacred, make the powder blues a permanent change. Those are sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted