1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 2 running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

That's kind of where I was going with St. Louis and the Saints. Although I don't think a home win over San Fran puts the Rams in the playoffs - but for the 49ers, you may be right. 2-0 against the division with a road win under the belt would be a nice start.
    The way I look at the Saints after last week's loss: If they want to go 10-6 and make the playoffs, they have to be Tampa Bay on the road. Otherwise, I think they may be in trouble. Maybe not 3-13 trouble, but wasn't-that-disappointing-8-8 trouble.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I think the Saints will destroy the Bucs. Tampa Bay just doesn't have much talent on either side of the ball.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Saints are an easy pick this week. They have more speed, more talent and more depth. The only advantage the Bucs have are at quarterback, where they roughly 4,000 backups.

Looking at the Saints' sked, I don't think there's any way that they're going 8-8. The should be a playoff team.

Thu 9/6 at Indianapolis L 10-41
    Sun 9/16 at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
    Mon 9/24 Tennessee 8:30 pm
    bye
    Sun 10/7 Carolina 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/14 at Seattle 8:15 pm
    Sun 10/21 Atlanta 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/28 at San Francisco 4:15 pm
    Sun 11/4 Jacksonville 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/11 St. Louis 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/18 at Houston 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/25 at Carolina 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/2 Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
    Mon 12/10 at Atlanta 8:30 pm
    Sun 12/16 Arizona 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/23 Philadelphia 1:00 pm
    Sun 12/30 at Chicago 1:00 pm

4. pallister

pallister Guest

As I've said before, I think the Saints are overrated, but unless Carolina gets its act together for a whole year, I don't see any way they don't win the NFC South.

5. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I agree the Saints should be a playoff team, but take a look at the sked. again.
    If they lose to TB Sunday, they could be staring at a 4-4 start (w/ a loss to either Carolina or San Fran) with Philly, at Chicago to finish. Not good. Not easy.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They're showing that drek here on national TV. Blech!

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bumping this back up as the games kick off in 11 hours and 51 minutes...

8. I need some help for my fantasy league:

Is Eli going to play and play well? I have Plaxico.

And is Greg Jennings going to play?

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Only game that really excites me is Pats-Chargers. Some underwhelming matchups, but it's Week 2 so I'll take anything.

Ravens should blow out the Jets at home. Even after a tough road loss and on a short schedule, Baltimore will be playing desperately because it's awfully hard to win a division after starting 0-2. And the talent they have on defense will smotherClemens in his first NFL start.

Houston-Carolina is kind of intriguing. The Texans would make a little statement if they went came out of Carolina with a victory. Bears are a lock vs. KC, but they really have to get that embarassing offense going and should against the Chiefs.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

- The Bears will make the playoffs no matter what happens tooday, but they will win, so it doesn't matter. Let's put it this way: I bet they win by more than a game (at least a game plus the unnecessary tiebreaker).

_ HB, you're probably right this week, but you won't get rich on the NFL taking 3 road teams as your best bets.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Greg Jennings is out.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Great article by Les Carpenter today. One of two good front page stories Les has in the Post today in fact.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/15/AR2007091501362.html?hpid=topnews

Draft saved Draft deleted