1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 2 running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 14, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, it's early. But I figure that we need a break from Beli-Tape-Gate.

Anyway, this week's games:
    For shits-and-giggles, I'll showcase my ignorance with the following picks (Best Bets in bold): Pittsburgh, Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Green Bay, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Detroit, Dallas, Seattle, Baltimore, Denver, Chicago, New England and Philadelphia.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The fanboy in me says if Pittsburgh loses this week, it will be a bad, bad loss. One of those games that you expect to win.

SD/Pats game is huge. If SD houses them, BB's seat will get even hotter than it is now.

I am very curious to see how banged up the Ravens are after the Cincy game.

Can Houston keep it up? Maybe. Can Detroit?

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

So, should I start Joey Galloway over Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams?

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

HM: No.

And, nobody gives an F about your fantasy team. [/youknowwho]

The Pack would be well-served to go 2-0 out of the gate. Go Pack go!

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Little nervous here.

Dolphins are 20-4 in their past 24 home games in September (when the humidity is up there). Included in those wins are wins over the Broncos and Steelers, when both teams went to the AFC Title games in those years. So, forgive me if I'm a bit apprehensive. I still say the Boys win, but it'll be closer than you think.

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I know it's early, but the teams up against the wall - at least those who were considered preseason contenders - are St. Louis and New Orleans.
    If you're making the playoffs, you probably have to win at home against San Fran and on the road against Tampa Bay.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

And the Bears, who should kck the shit out of the Chiefs.

8. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, but the Bears are home and 12-point favorites. I might take the Chiefs against the spread, but I expect Chicago to win.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Um, who shouldn't kick the shit out of the Kansas City Herms?

I don't think the Saints' left more questions than answers. Who are the real Saints? The team that was able to play the Colts to a standoff in the first half? Or the team that got smoked 31-0 in the second half?

St. Louis-San Francisco is interesting because it's the first time we'll see how much they improved over the off-season. If they can beat the Rams--or even hang with them--maybe all of SF's off-season spending was worth it.

Kellen Clemens' first start couldn't be tougher, facing blitz-crazy Baltimore with a left side of the offensive line that believes pass blocking should following "one-one thousand, two-one thousand" rules.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

If the Bears lose, they ain't makin' the playoffs.

If the 49ers win, they will make the playoffs.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bears ain't losing to the Herms.

I do think the Niners will beat the Rams.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll be in a sports bar in Missouri for the game, so the Bears better not lose.

Draft saved Draft deleted