1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 10 (and a half) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Since there should always be an active NFL thread during the season, and I deserve part of the blame for the other one being locked, I thought I should start this up to tide us over until it is time for the Week 11 thread.

Am I the only one who thinks that Coach Hoodie and the Patriots were laughing their asses off watching the 49ers stink up the field last night. That 2008 first-rounder they got from San Francisco is looking better and better.

Also, I saw a quick interview with Mike Nolan from after the game and immediately found myself hoping that he doesn't lose his job over this team's collapse. I was just impressed with his responses to questions about coaching after his father passed away.

I just heard it once and wasn't exactly taking notes, so pardon me if I don't get the words right, but the sad smile he had on his face .... it's something anyone who has lost a father will understand.

"He was was a coach. He would have said, 'I'll try to help you from up here.' I guess he doesn't have enough clout up there yet. But this just gave him a better seat."

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

At some point, teams have to stop dealing with Beliichick. He IS smarter than you... get used to it, and don't trade with him.

Chrissakes.

At least the Cowboys aren't up there with him with the Browns' pick.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Out-fucking-standing.

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

To preserve the douchebaggery.

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Not trying to be clever, nor am I trying to get involved in this little pissing match between OOP and you and your boys.

Just wanted to make sure, before you could hit the remove button, that folks know of your inability to act like an adult.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, at least Junkie is sparing us his thoughts on football. Thank heaven for small favors.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Two more Junkie posts preserved forever. Ha! I have vexed you again! :)

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Stop sullying the NFL threads. If you want to be stupid, childish and ignorant, that's what political threads are for.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, BYH, don't get in the way of the fanboyloosers lamenting their sucktatsic teams.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

That's whom my post was addressed to. The only thing worse than a fanboy talking about his team is a fanboy talking about anything else.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Belichick IS smarter than everyone -- he proved it in Cleveland!

Then he lucked into Tom Brady and the Tuck Rule, and the rest is history.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Thanks for playing, folks.

We'll see you in Week 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.