1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jul 27, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Funny note from Denver Post story on Broncos' game-winning FG:

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You tackle by hitting the man with one of your shoulder pads, leaving you helmet on the side of his body. You then wrap your arms around the player and lift the player with the shoulder pad carrying the weight. Once the player is off of his feet you drive with your legs and plant the SOB into the turf.

I watched a lot of Lambert and Ham growing up. It's not a coincidence that my fantasy team name is polish for "good ham."

Leading with a helmet is a cheap way to get a good hit. Trust me, I would rather get speared (which if I am bigger than the other guy with more momentum I can brush off) than lifted and planted.

A good stick, wrap, lift and plant is the most beautiful thing in football.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNetYOTQrA

Note how well he plants.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know why ... but that cracked me up. No disrespect to your Polish heritage, Devil.

I need to find out what cheesehead is in German.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed...Everett definitely should have had his head to one side. I'm saying I've seen much worse form. At least he had his head up.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

None taken. I'm Coatian and Slovak but grandma spoke a little Polish.

Dobre Shunka was the name of Ham's fan club, and no other nickname better symbolizes Pittsburgh of the 70s and today.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.jsp?RELEASE_ID=764

Draft saved Draft deleted