1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That he did. If he regularly gets 20-plus carries, he'll be a top 10 back.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

And Willie is on my team. Yes!

Did Chris Chambers play?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, my dad's from Tiffin. Spent many a Sunday afternoon there mowing Grandma's yard.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Here's a bad omen. One of the football teams I covered just scored a touchdown. This was the season opener. After the touchdown, the lineman and running back do a chest thump. Both of them land awkward and suffer severe ankle sprains and are out for three to four weeks. That's a bad omen.
    The rest of the team proved just as fragile in terms of injuries.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was wondering when the last time a TE scored a longer TD. Told my friends it had to be 20 years. Thanks, BYH!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

It was Joe Namath to a Jets TE whose name I cannot recall. I'd look it up, but all my media guides are packed for my move.

However, didn't Shannon Sharpe have a 90-yard TD catch in the playoffs during the Ravens' Super Bowl run?

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That's the thing... it's like a continuation from last season. In this same league, I picked up Samkon Gado and made a huge late-season charge towards the playoffs. Last Monday night game of the season, Packers-Ravens, and I needed Samkon to get 40 yards so I could score 2 points and win the game and snag the last playoff spot.
    He carries three times for 24 yards, then..... tears up his knee in the middle of the first quarter.
    About the only good thing was that I was in San Juan, Puerto Rico, so I proceeded to get wasted on good rum. :)

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

He's on mine, too, and the yardage is great. But if they keep pulling him when they get to the 1, it's going to cut way down on his value. Let the man score his TD, Bill!

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Rich Caster, right?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think Rich Caster is the answer (I heard the name but I forgot it, stupid ADD)/

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't wait to watch this game tomorrow. (Can't watch and work, as much as I wanted to do so tonight.) As I said before, I felt confident Batch could do the job -- and that Daunte's return meant all the turnovers we're accustomed to from him.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just do yourself a favor and skip the first quarter. There was absolutely nothing going on for either team in that game until Batch's first touchdown pass.

Oh yeah....Go Steelers! 1-0, baby!
    Yes, though mostly rational otherwise on this board (yeah, right), I continue to be a ridiculous fanboy on the topic of the Steelers.

Draft saved Draft deleted