1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I really miss the L.A. Rams. It's been 10 years without a team. Really sucks. I hate not having a team.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only criticism of the Chargers so far, they haven't involved Gates in the offense. I know Rivers is young, I know they want to protect him, but Gates might be someone you want to get into a rhythm with that new quarterback.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not to serve as Bubbler's echo, but good God, the Raiders fucking suck. I mean, they look 2-14 bad so far. Sacks on every offensive play and penalties on every defensive play. Quite a recipe, that.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That stat Vermeil ticked off was amazing -- 25 percent of the Raiders opponents' drives were extended by penalties last year.

They play like Al Davis looks. And the gaps in the offensive line are bigger than the gaps between the late Al LoCastle's teeth.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Another sack ... and more boos ...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Randy looks like Pippi Longstocking.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Randi Moss?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, Randee Moss. He would go a different way with that, being who he is.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Great. I now have spit water all over my laptop, thanks to you guys renaming Randie Moss!

Sorry Boss. I would have filed my column, really, but I was wasting time on SportsJournalists.com, reading a post about football and, well, it was a very ugly incident involving my laptop and a bottle of water.

No, you really don't want details.

;D

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Shawn Merriman now has three sacks, the Chargers seven through three quarters. This is pathetic. How long before Aaron Brooks loses the starter's role?

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I don't want to come across as a whiny fantasy football owner, but JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST, I have never seen an NFL team so petrified of throwing a forward pass as the Chargers are right now. You have an all-pro tight end. THROW HIM THE $%^#% BALL. I'm not saying you need to be running a five-wide run-and-shoot, but for the love of God, there is nothing wrong with THROWING THE BALL on 3rd and 8. I've seen more sophisticated offenses in JV games.

And the worst part of this is that it is actually WORKING because the Raiders are so inept, San Diego doesn't have to do anything but avoid stepping on its own dick. God, this is awful.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A long pass to Parker, then a touchdown strike to Antonio Gates? Suddenly, I'm awake. Great to see a passing game from someone, anyone, in this game.

Of course, as if there were any doubt before, the Raiders are now done.

Draft saved Draft deleted