1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

"fuckin' Chuck Norris"

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

"Yeah, give them credit," Favre said. "(But) maybe we just ain't very good."

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't know if he does in general, but he was even worse today than the stats show, as at least 2 ints were dropped. He looked like a Pinto engine in a Mercedes.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

He said that? Jesus, Brett, just retire already.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

He should have quit last year. The team lost good people from last year's shitty squad. How could they have possibly gotten better?

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm in there.

Grossman's ball to Berrian is the best deep pass by a Bears' QB I've seen since McMahon-to-Willie Gault.

I'm pleasantly shocked with how well things went today. Shutting Favre out for the FIRST TIME IN HIS CAREER in last Lambeau game against him?

Sweet.

Only concern: Running game did not look good. Jones does not look as explosive.

Hold on to the ball, Vasher.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yay Giants! Way to--what?

Nice job Eli.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. The Giants didn't do themselves any favors with penalties all night (the third-and-inches immediately comes to mind) but that call is not on them. Colts looked like a very beatable team tonight -- couldn't run it, depended on constant third-and-long conversions and simply couldn't stop the run at any point.

That said, it's still Week 1. Plenty of time for things to change.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's not fair. If Shockey got out of bounds, instead of trying to run three Colts over, the Giants have 57 seconds and the ball near midfield.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

God-fucking-dammit! The balding fatass still said, "Daylight come and me wanna Delhomme" even though Jake was 21-39 for 186 yards and a pick. Fuck you, Berman!

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Or if Eli spiked it on the play before.

Edit: Spiked it legally.

BTW, I was just talking about the Carolina thing with Dr. J. Berman made me giggle.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Draft saved Draft deleted